SOC 201 Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
This class explores the academic discipline of sociology and evaluates claims of sociology from a biblical perspective.
- Grasp a working knowledge of the academic content of the subject of introductory sociology, covering the foundations of sociology, an introduction to the discipline, relevant study methodologies, and dominant theoretical perspectives.
- Gain insights into the human condition so as to know how to love those they are reaching and serving.
- Learn discernment skills which allow for the articulation of Christian values in the context of non-Christian worldview assessments of human experience. Christians are called to be in the world, but not of the world.
- Learn terms and ideas that are frequently covered by media outlets.
- Be introduced to the field of sociology study.
- Be introduced to the expectations of Social Workers or Human Resources personnel in their communities.